Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Decorative Painting..I am trying really hard...








The first photo is from the guide book..while the other two are from my practices...Only the leaves just yet... but I am pushing on as one of the things that I want to do this year is learning how to paint.. decorative painting specifically. I am never good at art but they say decorative painting is a skill to learn rather than artistic ability...hmm..hmm..I wonder how this is so.I have serve various websites and I am amazed and awed how beautiful the paintings are...I wish if I could manage just a wee bit of it I am happy indeed. I have bought some books, plan to book a lesson with Aniza in Msia sometime this July, bought various paints and brushes...I am not too ambitious as i still have a dfficult time to hold the brush straight and get he right amount of colors on the brush. But the things that I do know by now are that..the quality of brush is important so as how you hold the brush..the movement should be fluid in moving the brush rather than forcing yourself to get the strokes just right...Anyway..I am happy to say that at least i can get the petals for the daisies right and the one stroke leaf...checking all the techniques....I am going with Donna Dewberry style first followed by Priscilla Hauser..insyaállah...the strokes for the roses has come right just yet but...it will I guess with more practise...I am targetting that by next week i should be brave enough to try and paint a design....

Today also is my "first" received duit tuition...I am trying it for Aisyah and Nadira..both kids have their strength in math already so half-way is cleared.Comparing with zayd..it is less of a hurdle with them but rather I still need to find their weakness so that I can help them in comig out of this hurdle...I need to control my tone so that I don't scare them..aisyah especially...Zayd was very sensitive whenever he couldnt figure out what a word problem wants..so I hope we can clear this hurdle again...we need to sort out the clues first and know what the problems want. but I am happy that they are good wit numbers once they know what it wants but still have to memorize formulas..If they still have me..I am sure insyaállah.. the word problems will become as simple as the number problems...in fact zayd is doing pretty well on his own now...

I need to write about Zayd's adventure in learning sometime. If he can do it..anybody can insyaállah...but then again my expectations may be different..Hannah is getting all A's although she has a tendency to slip if she is rushing her work. Zayd's result is more colorful...but the best part is that he is getting them more on his own effort nowdays..although I keep reminding him that he needs to read more in order to have better vocabulary etc..

Insyaállah..patience and doa..all will be well....

No comments: