Saturday, February 17, 2007

Spring Flowers...



This year the nice cool weather brings more rain than usual...we infact had several downpours here in Dhahran. But it results in all streaky cars and windows due to the sand in the air....Wonderful thing is..the plants are practically growing on their own...

This year I am not into major gardening..like making sure all the flower beds are full..this time more of spot gardening...mainly to test the soil...As you can see..thanks to the rain and fertilizer plus more frequent watering to the soil instead of spraying over with the hard water..things are looking quite green...
I have some geraniums and hollyhock planted in between the those colorful "lupa pulak namanya !! "..plants. Anyway...I have a hanging geranium bag over my door, and two pots of pink roses to be planted..in is starting to buds and yet it is still in the pots..got to do it before it gets too warm/hot...Denise from the garde shop called me this morning asking if I will be stopping by to get some more roses...last year was madness..between us we had about 20 pots of roses..the colors and the smell was sweet....but last summer was just too hot that it kills all of them...But..I am trying again this year but not as many pots...
I have started to hold the brush for the doing some decor painting..i am doing just the leaves now, and the comma, U & C stroke, S-stroke....my hand is getting real tired..will show the samples next..InsyaƔllah..in July planning to get some formal classes if i can squeeze the time..but for the time being..will try to get the hang of it..but i think..it's still a long way ahead..

No comments: