Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April 25 years ago..1983

A bit short of time here..but just want to write this short entry..I remember 25 years ago in April 1983..I was in Carbondale, Illinois..at Queens Apartment..shucks..couldn't remember my room number but it was the one beside the laundry...What was important..I was ripely pregnant at this stage with my first born...huffing around just to get by the days...Delivery was just around the corner...I was in the midst of preparing for exams mid-semester..wishing that i could sit for all of them before my maternity..actually there were no maternity leave..just I will be missing some classes till I am fit enough to move after giving birth...I was just 21 then...Azlan were going to start his Spring break in the coming week and we hope that birth will be around this time...

We were anxious..scared..and thrill at the same time..but we are more or less prepared...I have met some of my lecturers that if I were not present in class in the coming week b4 the spring break..my reason will be that I am having a baby..I remember some shock faces..but pointing at my tummy my excuse for asking for resitting my exams during the spring break was accepted...

How time flies..soon I will be celebrating that particular day in spring that our bundle of joy was delivered...25 years ago...in the wee hours of the morning...

2 comments:

elisataufik said...

adakah the adage "time flies when you're having fun" apply here?

:)

rozie yusof-azlan said...

Elisa..that is also true...and true for when you have 1001 things need to be done.. you will see that while you are busy doing those...time has also been running together...Wake up realising.. alamak..where the wrinkles come from..he..he..