Friday, March 23, 2007

Pacermaker #1 Bye..Bye...



On Wed. 3/21 Zayd was scheduled to have his 12 year old pacer removed. We were really.. really.. not sure about it coz' everything is new..but Dr.Shah seems very confident..he didn't push us to decide rather sort of tell us all the cons for delaying having the removal done. Well..it is almost 5 years now since Zayd has 2 pacer in his body although the first one has since discharge all it's energy. So only the 2nd. one installed in IJN by Dr.Hasri is functioning..it's a St. Jude's 2 limits max and min level. The 1st. by Tectonics is a single level setting. This is not a technical explainations.. At birth Zayd was diagnosed with a complete heartblock and just a few days after his 1st. birthday he had complications that requires the assistance of pacer on his heart for him to get going. Alhamdulilah with the pacer he is okey..tq for this chance ya..Allah

Since, the 1st pacer is no longer working, we were advised to have it removed but the time frame was not urgent but all the only if's....but than again the day was meant to be last Wed 3/21 at about 10:30 am the operation was done. we were at the hospital since 6:30am..Worse thing was Zayd had to fast from 12 midnite Tuesday till after the operation is over. This is actually the hardest part for him...who went you say, that he has to fast..his stomach starts to growl and signals for feeding...

I waited in the waiting room...Azlan went back to the office since there's no need for us to wait together in separate waiting rooms. The rule here in Saudi Arabia....male&female separate.. We put our trust in HIM and pray for the best and whatever is the outcome may we be strong to face it..The surgeon upon going in his chest found out that some adhesion occurs surrounding the pacemaker and he has to cut thru it to get to the pacer...well..to make it short..Alhamdulialh it was successful...our thanks to Allah..he is the ONE..the Decider... Totally it is about 2 hrs plus b$ I saw Zayd again...actually..I was doing Zohor when the nurse was calling for me, quickly i completed my solat and rush in..but got to get thru the auto double door first and when I saw him he was actually sobbing...I was scared..but then I think that sobbing is good..he was awake and feeling something...so I hushed him and asked why was he crying..was it pain? He said NO but it's just that he can't catch his breath or rather take in his breath..he was scared if he was dy***. So I told him that yes..we have to sometime but it's not yet...I guess the nurses and doctors around him was trying to figure out why he was crying...so I told them that he said he couldn't breath and they told me that actually everything is alright...I guess Zayd was scared as the last time when I was not there when he open his eyes..in IJN he was screaming when he came to..reason was I promised to be there when he open his eyes...this time I ask him not to cry but wait or ask for me if he came to and I was not there..but he was more scared what's going to happen to him when he feels that he couldn't inhale and exhale...Poor baby... but to me he is the brave one as he takes in the pain very bravely and going around as if it is nothing.. visitors were surprised that he is already moving around...I am always praying May Allah swt.. make it easy for him...We had the old pacemaker to take home as a souvenir?? Reminder that anything is possible only if Allah wills..

No comments: