Sunday, March 18, 2007

Decorative Painting ~ My First Project..

Finally..today I was braved enough to do the painting on an actual product. Before this I was practising on paper.. and the strokes were never good enough....I was impatient to wait until July so that I can go to one of Aniza's classes...So, as I was trying not to shake so much and let my hand tries to get the forms just right..I finally finished this file box. It's free hand drawing bcos I mess up on the pattern transfer and basecoat the surface again... The pattern is mine...the colours are muddy and maybe not the correct shade but I am still proud of what I had done..No matter that there are smudges everywhere but at least I have a completed product to look at and scrutinize it on how to improve further..I got to make more on wood surface as all the paints I have are just the acrylics for these surfaces and not the enamel type to paint on glasses or tiles...

Anyway..I learn the hard way by just following the instructions in books and looking at photos and watch a video...it can never replace a real life tutor but it's the next best thing if you can't find one near...

Well...I hope there'll be more stuffs that I can do..but I got to be patient..it's actually tiring as I have to force my hand to hold the brush a certain way and create all those strokes to make the flowers and leaves..and make a mistke in varnishing when one of the egdes started to melt..maybe I was spraying too close...but it's true..even without an artistic ability you can learn this fom of art and make something out of it....

No comments: