- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick cooking Oats
- 1 bag 15oz Hersheys semisweet choc chips
- 2 sticks butter + 1 tablespoon~230gm
- 2 eggs large
- 1 & 1/2 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Soften the butter to room temperature. Eggs also at room temperature. If they are cold than the mix might not be so good..
- Sift the flour,salt,baking powder and baking soda. Mix them with the oats.
- Heat up the oven to 375 deg F.
- Beat up the sugar, soften butter and vanilla till creamy with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Scrape the side of the bowl.
- Next, add in the flour & oat mixture a little at a time to get a good mix. You can use a wooden spoon or the electric mixture slowly.
- Finally, add in the choc chips and mix them well..
- Use a non-stick baking sheet...with a teaspoon or just your fingers..place a ball of dough on the cookie sheet..flatten it sligtly.**Wet your fingers so that the dough do not stick too much. If balance between oats and flour is good..it is easily and quickly done..If not a teaspoon will be ok..
- Bake it for about 10~15mins...check that it browns nicely...take them out of the oven and wait a few minutes for the cookie to cool down before removing from the baking sheet. The cookie will still be soft coming out of the oven.
- It takes about 2 hours to complete everything...but check your oven often too avoid cookie from being too brown or over bake..but it still taste good !!
The amount above is good for 8~10 people to finish at one go with coffee,tea or hot choc. You can double or triple or even halfed them to suit how much you want. This recipe is originally given by my friend Azah but has since then been modified to get it to what it is today...geographically it may need more adjustment but it gonna be ok after 2 or 3 tries... I have to do it for more tries as I have no idea how making a cookie would be like..I was shocked to see that it is still soft coming out of the oven but has brown well..I forgot that the sugar in the cookie is what makes it so...I panic also to see that the dough spread and become thin during baking..hah..you might have thought an engineering degree will teach you everything.. I always thought it will be hard as it come out of the oven..Itu kuih batu katanya my friend...So..always remember to get the measurements right and the eggs and butter out of the fridge 4~5 hours earlier..Anyway, that's what happen when my baking adventure begins after 40++ since coming to Dhahran. I am still trying in most of the culinary aspects..maybe adzrul has become better at it by now...
Anyway..the kids and hubby too.. has been great in eating up everything that is served from the kitchen...basic principle is..Eat a little if you don't like it and be hungry later on or eat more if you like it and also more later on...
Remember me in your taste if it turns out good..but sorry if you need a few tries to get it as actually..the above is my 5th. version of the recipe..not sure if it was the latest that I had made..