Monday, January 19, 2009

Do You Remember When...

  • Your dealings with teenagers were when you are one and not when they are yours?? Is it one and the same thing or is it much..much..different... Do you go with..umphh..I don't think I ever said that if not one of my parents will sure hunt me down to silence...Were there anybody namely adults who will care for your actual feelings before imposing...
  • Today..do you have to contemplate many times before actually propose anything to YOUR teenagers...

  • Kids can walk down the streets or play in your front yard without fear of being snatched.. I remembered going to the wet market by bus when I was 12 and my sis 9 to get some fish and vegetables by instruction of my late mum and take a bus back home and walk a further 30mins or so to reach the house..Weren't there any fear?
  • At 16 took a bus to Bahau from K.Klawang on my own and had to change bus twice..just to go for prize giving at my previous school..what were my parents thinking..he..he..
  • Ahh..well..at less 18yrs... I was taking a flight to Illinois and thus my actual life journey began...
  • At 19&1/2 I got married and at 20&1/2 my first child arrived and now..he's working..
  • Gosh...just heard a friend's daughter will be getting married in Dec..she's 2 years younger than my son....

  • I still have the Corning ware sets that I bought thru mail order for abt USD70..my first and only....my son was abt 1&1/2 years...I still have most of the 7 pieces with their covers..close to 24 years now.
  • I still have the Cornerstone 2 sets I bought for my self upon graduation....although 2 cups broke when I move to USJ 4/1G in 1992..
  • I have the 2 Corningware roaster pan, that I bought at K-Mart for USD10 each just b4 returning to Malaysia in 1986..
  • I still have 2 single chairs although 3x upholstered with me here in Dhahran b4 Ayman was even born..we bought it somewhere in Pulau Tikus, Penang in 1989..
  • I lost most of my old jewellery by way of a light handed maid who ran away in 2000.. Left was just my engagement ring and 2 necklaces..

1 comment:

Neeza Shahril said...

priceless... the memory is just hard to forget.. tapi for me kan.. I just remember those good ones.. I tend to forget all sour ones..